FAQs ABOUT STUDIO-1a
INFANT, BABY & CHILD PHOTOGRAPHY
Following are questions that I have been asked thus far about my Infant, Baby and Child photography, and a few I anticipate might be asked in the future:
- Q. How much will it cost for 'Studio-1a' to photograph my child?
A. I charge by the setup. A setup consists of one or more individuals. Add or subtract an individual from a setup, and you have a new setup. Following are examples of photo sessions with various setups:
- A single infant, baby or child with or without a parent- $100.00
- A single infant, baby or child with both parents - $150.00 ($100.00 + $50.00)
- Two children as a group - $150.00 (add $50.00 for each additional child added to the setup)
- Two children as both individuals and as a group - $250.00.
- Three children as both individuals and as a group - $300.00.
- A family with children - $150.00 for the two parents. No up charge for children appearing in a setup with a parent.
Request a written quote on other combinations.
- Q. What is the difference between 'Baby Photography' and 'Child Photography'?
A. Actually, there are three levels of photography in this area - Infant, Baby and Child. The distinction between them is how the photographer is able to communicate with the subject. With infants, there is very little ability to communicate with the subject. Baby photography has its beginnings at about the time the subject is able to crawl and situp. Child photography begins when the subject is able to respond to its name when called and follow simple instructions.
- Q. What should I do to prepare my child?
A. That is the most difficult of questions to answer. It depends upon so many factors. A rested child is certainly the most desirable child to photograph. Good health is an equally important factor.
- Q. What kind of equipment do you use?
A. I currently use two state-of-the-art digital cameras. The first is a 13.89 MP Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n and the second is a 6.1 MP Nikon D100 SLR. All lenses used are top-of-the-line from Nikon. The lighting equipment I currently use is from Nikon and White Lightning. Post processing is done on Macintosh computers using Photoshop.
- Q. Do you provide prints?
- Q. Exactly what do I get for my money?
A. As I photograph and post-process each photo for you, I will post it to a web site constructed specifically for you. This will allow you to view the work as it is created. Each posted file will have a resolution of 300 dpi, and be either 800 pixels wide or 700 pixels high.
Within 72-hours of the completion of the post-production, I will post to the Internet a ZIP Archive containing the same files as posted to the above mentioned web site. Each file will have a resolution of 300 dpi, but (unless otherwise requested) it will be sized to 1500 x 2100 pixels. This is the size required to make a high-quality 5x7 inch print.
- Q. Is it possible for me to obtain a DVD containing ALL photos taken.
A. Yes! For an additional charge of $10.00, I will prepare and burn a DVD containing ALL files created during the course of photographing your session. If you wish the DVD to be mailed to you, there is an additional charge of $15.00.
- 01 STOCK Folder - Contains all usable photo files created during your session
- 02 SELECT Folder - Contains photo files selected by me as worthy of further consideration
- 03 SHOW Folder - Contains those photo files I have selected to show as my work
- 04 5x7 Folder - Contains those files in the SHOW folder cropped and print-ready for 5x7 inch printing
- 05 4x6 Folder - Contains those files in the SHOW folder cropped and print-ready for 4x6 inch printing
- 06 WEB 600_400 Folder - Contains those files in the SHOW folder cropped as requested for web presentation
- Q. How many print-ready sizes do you provide?
A. I provide presentation/print ready files in any size of your choice. Each additional size requested is $25.00. Within 30-days of the original studio date and upon your request, I will provide to you via the Internet a single fully-edited file of your choice from the shoot in any 'reasonable size' of your choice.
- Q. What size prints will I be able to have made from the files you supply?
A. At least up to an 8" x 10", and larger in most cases.
- Q. What do you mean by fully-edited?
A. Editing usually involves the following steps:
- Color Balancing
- Determination of White-Point, Contrast and Brightness
- Cropping and Proportional Sizing
- Image Sharpening
- Q. Why are there so many steps in your editing process?
A. I shoot my work in the RAW IMAGE format preferring to reserve the critical image work for the desktop computer
rather than the camera. It makes a big difference!
- Q. Do you provide prints?
A. No. Using the files I provide, high-quality prints are quite inexpensive to come by.
- Q. Who holds the copyrights to the photos?
A. I retain the right to use any and all photos to promote my photo activities, but the photos are otherwise yours.
- Q. How do I pay you?
A. Your choice - cash or personal check at the time of the photo session, or PayPal after you have left my studio using any funding source PayPal will accept. The eMail address you would use for PayPal payments is:
- Q. I notice that you show a lot of the photos you take while promoting your photography. What if I do not want you to show the photos you take during our session?
A. Not a problem! Simply double the amount of the base fee for the photo session. Instead of my asking you to sign a model release, I will sign a 'Do Not Publish' agreement for you. I am always willing to exempt from publishing a 'single type' of photo taken during our session for no additional cost.
- Q. Are you licensed?
A. Yes! I operate under San Jose Business Taxation License #180012409 as @MY-FAMILIA.com. , and do so under several names with each intended to reflect the type of photography being offered. Those names are:
Web sites for the above may be accessed at : SHEEBAH.com.
- Q. If and when I'm interested in pursuing this matter further, what should I do?
A. Bookmark this page, so you can easily find your way back, and then eMail me
when you are ready. In that eMail, give me your phone number and the best time for me to call you.
To eMail me requesting that I contact you for any reason,