If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right
FAQs ABOUT 'STUDIO-1a'
My name is DeeZer, and I love to photograph people with people, and people with just about anything that is important to them in their life. Over the years, I have learned much about what it takes to make a relationship session a success. Following are questions that I have been asked thus far about my relationship photography, and a few I anticipate might be asked in the future:
- Q. What is the difference between a 'relationship' photo session, and any other photo session involving two or more people?
A. For starters, the final presentation will involve a series of photos carrying a visual story of how the subjects interact. On an average, approximately 100 photos will be taken for the final presentation of approximately seven photos. The viewer hopefully will see something between the subjects that a single photo would not show.
- Q. How much will it cost for Studio-1a to photograph my relationship?
A. My base-price is $100.00 for a session.
- Q. How should I (we) dress for the session?
A. That is up to you. I encourage my subjects to look and feel natural. If a new hair-do is needed, do it!
- Q. Do you ever photograph your subjects in the nude?
A. Yes! If you wish 100% exclusivity of the photos thereby denying me use of them, I would sign such an agreement, and the base price of the session is doubled to $200.00.
- Q. What kind of equipment do you use?
A. I currently use four state-of-the-art digital cameras. The first is a Nikon D700 12.1 MP full-frame. The second is a 13.89 MP Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n full-frame. The third is a 10.2 MP Nikon D200, and the fourth is a 6.1 MP Nikon D100 SLR. All lenses used are top-of-the-line from Nikon and Carl Zeiss. The lighting equipment currently used is from Nikon, Alien Bees and White Lightning. Post processing is done on Macintosh computers using Photoshop.
- Q. How many poses will I get?
A. In a typical session, I will shoot about 100 frames.
- Q. Will I get all 100 frames?
A. The number '100' is not guaranteed, and most likely if it were a 100-frame shoot, you would not get all 100 frames.
- Q. Why not?
A. Because a major part of the work performed is editing, which takes about 3-hours, and occurs after you leave.
Editing includes trashing the 'duds' from the session. Typically, the number of fully-edited and print-ready
photos delivered is between 5 and 8.
- Q. Exactly what do I get for my money?
A. As I photograph and post-process each photo for you, I will post it to a web site constructed specifically for you. This will allow you to view the work as it is created. Each posted file will have a resolution of 300 dpi, and be either 800 pixels wide or 700 pixels high.
Within 72-hours of the completion of the post-production, I will post to the Internet a ZIP Archive containing the same files as posted to the above mentioned web site. Each file will have a resolution of 300 dpi, but (unless otherwise requested) it will be sized to 1500 x 2100 pixels. This is the size required to make a high-quality 5x7 inch print.
- Q. Is it possible for me to obtain a DVD containing ALL photos taken.
A. Yes! For an additional charge of $10.00, I will prepare and burn a DVD containing ALL files created during the course of photographing your session. If you wish the DVD to be mailed to you, there is an additional charge of $15.00.
- Q. How many print-ready sizes do you provide in the offer?
A. I provide print-ready files in any one-size of your choice.
- Q. What print-ready sizes can you provide?
A. I can edit the presentation to any size of your choosing, but standard print sizes (in inches) are 16x20, 11x14, 8x10, 5x7 and 4x6.
- Q. Anything else about the finished work that you provide?
A. Within 30-days after you receive the CD, and upon your eMail request, I will fully-edit a single file of your choosing in any size of your choosing. That finished file will be uploaded to the Internet in a ZIP archive for your retrieval.
- Q. What size prints will I be able to have made from the unedited files you supply?
A. At least up to an 8" x 10", and larger in most cases.
- Q. What do you mean by fully-edited?
A. Editing usually involves the following steps:
- Color Balancing
- Determination of White-Point, Contrast and Brightness
- Cropping and Proportional Sizing
- Image Sharpening
- Q. Why are there so many steps in your editing process?
A. I shoot my work in the RAW IMAGE format preferring to reserve the critical image work for the desktop computer
rather than the camera. It makes a big difference!
- Q. Do you provide prints?
A. No. Using the files I provide, high-quality prints are quite inexpensive to come by.
- Q. Who holds the copyrights to the photos?
A. Unless I sign an agreement to the contrary, I retain the right to use any and all photos to promote my photo activities, but the photos are otherwise yours.
- Q. How do I pay you?
A. Your choice - cash or personal check at the time of the photo session, or PayPal after you have left my studio using any funding source PayPal will accept. The eMail address you would use for PayPal payments is:
- Q. I notice that you show a lot of the photos you take while promoting your photography. What if I do not want you to show the photos you take during our session?
A. Not a problem! Simply double the amount of the base fee for the photo session. Instead of my asking you to sign a model release, I will sign a 'Do Not Publish' agreement for you. I am always willing to exempt from publishing a 'single type' of photo taken during our session for no additional cost.
- Q. Are you licensed?
A. Yes! I operate under San Jose Business Taxation License #180012409 as @MY-FAMILIA.com. , and do so under several names with each intended to reflect the type of photography being offered. Those names are:
Web sites for the above may be accessed at : SHEEBAH.com.
- Q. If and when I'm interested in pursuing this matter further, what should I do?
A. Bookmark this page, so you can easily find your way back, and then eMail me
when you are ready. In that eMail, give me your phone number and the best time for me to call you.
To eMail me requesting that I contact you for any reason,